Sunday, July 23, 2017

Editing Updates!

I just started chapter 9, chapter 8 was tough to get through since it was a total rewrite.  Honestly the first 10 chapters had to be rewritten since I wrote them years ago and they don't fit with the rest of the story.  That's why it's taking me so long to get past them.  Once I'm done with chapter 10 hopefully it'll be smooth sailing. 😌

I'm stuck, I'm not sure if the way I'm editing is right, if that's makes sense.  Sometimes I feel like what I'm editing sounds amazing and other times I'm annoyed at what I'm reading.  I guess that's what beta-readers are for.😕  I've been doing well with my social media ban, without it I don't think I would be as far as I am with editing.  Also once I finish chapter 10 I'm rewarding myself by making another YouTube video, it's more motivation to get through these difficult chapters. 

I'm trying to keep my mind off querying and my query letter until I'm completely done with editing.  I have been attempting to round up literary agents I think would be a good fit and it's intimidating.  Not sure how I'm going to find 10 agents let alone 50-100.  Also I deleted my book from Goodreads, on purpose since now I don't know if I'll be traditionally published or self published.  

A lot may change so until I know for certain I'm going to keep it off there.  I added it back too prematurely. 😓  I've been stressed because I don't know if I'm making the right decisions and I hate that I'm a perfectionist!  I'm thinking of finding betas to read the first 10 chapters once I'm done, even though I want to be done with my book fully it'll give me closure to hear the opinions of other people since I'm so iffy about these chapters. 

Hopefully I'll have a better update next time, thanks for reading! 😏

If you're interested in beta reading please email me at authorlanellehall@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment